ARRL

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

TV TWINLEAD CLAW SCREWS

Mar 26th 2013, 23:21

WD6EJN

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I'm building a hidden antenna using old fashion tv twinlead, the kind one used to find in any hardware store.
Now that I found a length, I don't know where to find those splitter boxes with the claw screws, everything is f-connector now.
Somewhere near Carlsbad California would be nice since I don't have a car.
Still looking for a box of these things! kinda useless without them.
If you saw my previous post, I'm planning to have an antenna desquised as a kite line (white) but I have to run tv twinlead to it, I found some at Fry's although the loss appears to be around 20 or 30 db! I don't care as I just need the super lightness.
I can always have a pre-amp for the receiver or just transmit and listen on an indoor antenna even if the power in is 20 watts in 1 watt out.
There are plenty of old fashion tv cable to twinlead balun/conv around, but I would have to canabalize these to get the claw washers, and this is too expensive for me.
Jun 10th 2013, 23:25

WD6EJN

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Quote by WD6EJN
I'm building a hidden antenna using old fashion tv twinlead, the kind one used to find in any hardware store.
Now that I found a length, I don't know where to find those splitter boxes with the claw screws, everything is f-connector now.
Somewhere near Carlsbad California would be nice since I don't have a car.
Still looking for a box of these things! kinda useless without them.
If you saw my previous post, I'm planning to have an antenna desquised as a kite line (white) but I have to run tv twinlead to it, I found some at Fry's although the loss appears to be around 20 or 30 db! I don't care as I just need the super lightness.
I can always have a pre-amp for the receiver or just transmit and listen on an indoor antenna even if the power in is 20 watts in 1 watt out.
There are plenty of old fashion tv cable to twinlead balun/conv around, but I would have to canabalize these to get the claw washers, and this is too expensive for me.

Follow-up:
I was able to use those taps that they use for automotive (non-critical connections radios/amps etc.) I used red 22 gage and ended up soldering the connections and discarding (in junk box,,it's impossible to through things like these away).
The twinlead from Fry's is impossible to work with.