A popular Windows-based satellite tracking program. Nova includes realistic maps that are shaded to show vegetation, topography, and ocean bathymetry. Satellite positions are shown with accompanying ground tracks, orbital paths, and star background. Updating Keplerian elements is a breeze. You can drag-and-drop a file onto Nova or use its new built-in Internet download function to download new elements with a single mouse click.
- Full-color 3-D maps.
- Fast, accurate real-time tracking information for an unlimited number of Earth-orbiting satellites.
- Also tracks the Moon, Sun, planets, cosmic noise sources, and cold sky. Displays the star background, too.
- Capture maps and save them to disk, or e-mail to someone else.
- Automatic sound alarms for satellite AOS, TCA, and LOS.
- Information-rich graphics and text satellite tracking screens.
- Built-in autotracking for turning az/el antennas.
- Context-sensitive online Help available at all times.
- Super-simple updates of Keplerian Elements...AMSAT or NASA 2-line format.
- One-click updating of Keplerian elements via the Internet (FTP). Can be completely automated for regularly scheduled updates.
- Complete listing capability for printed output of future passes, mutual windows, two-satellite mutual visibility, satellite eclipses.
- Sophisticated fully-editable or automatic "Script Tracking" for scheduling future passes of multiple satellites. Priority-autotrack dozens of satellites.
System requirements: Pentium or similar processor; 256 colors (or more) graphics; Sound card; Microsoft Windows 98, Me, NT 4.0, 2000, or XP; at least 32 MB RAM; 19 MB free hard disk drive space.
CD-ROM, ver 2.2. © 2005, Northern Lights Software Associates.