ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

FCC is Actively Seeking Solar Array Interference Complaints

Feb 15th 2017, 22:31

NS6Q

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I have been working for over a year to resolve an interference issue caused by a solar array a few houses down (daytime VHF noise level S9+ during the day).

As part of this process I talked with Ms Chen at the FCC. I mentioned that solar array interference is a big issue for hams. She said that I was the only one she knew about. She asked me to spread the word and have hams with solar array interference issues to do the following.

1 - Create an interference complaint with the FCC about your solar array interference issue at: https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

2 - Email her with the specifics of your solar array interference issue.

Be sure to include the complaint ticket number and why you believe the solar array is the source of the interference issue.

Ms Deborah Chen
Federal Agent / Electronics Engineer
deborah.chen@fcc.gov​

For everybody with a solar array interference issue, the FCC is listening and wants to hear from you.

Mike
NS6Q
Feb 26th 2017, 06:59

AC6BW

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Mike,
Thanks for the information. I have major interference issues on 15, 12 and 10m during the daytime hours, and I believe the source is solar array noise from one or more of a group of homes a few hundred feet away. It has really ruined my enjoyment of the hobby. I have not tried to DF which home is the source. I'm wondering if I should pursue it, or just try to null out the noise with a noise cancelling phase unit.
73, Roger- AC6BW

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn