ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

W1AW on BATC.TV

Sep 18th 2011, 01:35

AC5JW

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
A few hams have discovered a new digital television channel from W1AW at BATC.TV and made welcoming comments to W1AW.

What are the plans for W1AW to utilize this channel? Any details on its operation or schedule to be shared ?

Once W1AW's operation over BATC.TV is more developed, it might make a good article for QST to announce it and get more hams to visit it.

Raleigh, AC5JW
Sep 18th 2011, 23:38

AC5JW

For those familiar with www.batc.tv, the W1AW channel is listed as a repeater stream accessible fro the ATV repeaters link off the front page.

For those unfamiliar with it and wishing to view it, they will see links to ATV repeaters on the home page, select the link, and then find two listings of repeaters called live (streaming) and non-streaming channels. W1AW will be listed once under one of those categories and you only need to click on it and submit to watch the channel.

ATV repeater streams are not to be confused with another link for member streams, which is for individual BATC ham members to stream their on television content. Member streams are selected similarly to the ATV repeater streams.

73 Raleigh AC5JW
Sep 21st 2011, 14:40

NJ1Q

Super Moderator

Hi Raleigh.

W1AW will appear on BATC.TV generally when we have some sort of activity taking place here at the station.

Last month, I was asked by one of the sponsors of BATC.TV if W1AW can be added to its list of users. I responded with a "yes," but informed them that unless I have visitor operators, there is not much else of interest going on here. And, my walking back and forth will probably not be of much interest! :-)

They understood. Nevertheless they still offered us a stream for whenever the opportunity does present itself.

Of course, I just can't "point the camera" at a visiting operator; I do need to ask the op if it's okay. If not, well, then there probably won't be any video that day.

In any event, once we establish this activity and have a chance to use it more frequently, we'll run something in QST - or on ARRLWeb - to promote the site.

Joe Carcia, NJ1Q
W1AW Station Manager

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn