ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

OQRS and LoTW

Mar 22nd 2018, 13:59

KB2E

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I hope this is the right place for this. I made a contact today and was very surprised when I read the persons QRZ page that it appears that one must use OQRS to obtain a QSL from this ham, INCLUDING a LoTW QSL.

Now I can see that a DX contact may need to have some help paying for postage and I have no problem with them asking. But requesting money for a LoTW QSL!?

ARRL should look into this sort of thing and suspend any LoTW account holder that is actually doing this and give them 30 days to correct the problem or lock their account until such time that it can be confirmed that they either no longer use LoTW or are uploading for free.

On top of paying you'd have to join yet another online service to even request a QSL from this guy. Before anyone asks why it is so important to get a QSL, I'll ask why is it such a problem for people that it is important for other people to get a QSL?

I guess part of what I'm trying to say here is that QSL's used to be a big part of the enjoyment of this hobby. Granted that costs have risen and it is cost prohibitive for some to mail cards, especially from and to Europe and Asia. So the advent of eQSL, LoTW, QRZ.com and others was welcomed. I guess it should have been expected that it would only be a matter of time before people started to try to cash in on them.

Mar 23rd 2018, 09:09

W1VT

Super Moderator

14d) Blatant inequities in confirmation (QSL) procedures. Continued refusal to issue QSLs under certain circumstances may lead to disqualification. Complaints relating to monetary issues involved in QSLing will generally not be considered.
http://www.arrl.org/dxcc-rules

Mar 23rd 2018, 22:34

KB2E

I guess that about sums it up pretty well. My apologies for the rant.

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn