ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

DMR question for new users

Dec 30th 2019, 08:02

W7VTS

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I am new to DMR, but have a radio with code plugs set up. But I can never hear and conversations on any of the US or North America talk groups when I scan the talk groups. I can hit the repeaters fine and don’t get an error and can see my radio id show up on the brandmeister hose.

Shouldn’t I be able to hear conversation going on? Could it be related to talk group PTT or FT (full time) or is that a repeater issue where I need to key up the repeater to have it switch to the talk group?

Thanks,
Lynn, W7VTS

Jan 3rd 2020, 14:59

n4les

Yes, you should be able to hear conversations. Try the Worldwide talk group (91). It's the busiest and should have traffic most anytime. When connected to a repeater you should be sure you have the correct CC (color code), and TS (Time slot). Have you tried keying up and just asking for a radio check?
Jan 8th 2020, 19:13

W7VTS

The worldwide group was the answer for me.
Thank you, 73
Sep 16th 2020, 08:24

KB9ZB

try placing your radio into promiscuous mode, that way anything thats comes over that repeater you will hear, no mater if you have that TG programed or not

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn