ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Silent Key “W2LT”

Jan 4th 2022, 12:21

michaeltingey

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I’m not sure if this is the best place to ask but I’m trying to locate an image or copy of a QSL card for Silent Key “W2LT”. Harold “Hal” Tingey was my dad and passed away in 1994. As I have gotten into my family genealogy, I have copies of his earlier QSL cards, W2EUI & KX6USN, but cannot find a copy of his W2LT card. He was a big DXCC’er so I’m hoping someone on this forum recalls a contact with him. I still remember the repeated calls of “Whiskey Two Lima Tango” in the middle of the night.

If anyone has a W2LT QSL card for “Hal” Tingey and could send me an image that would greatly appreciated.

I created any entry for my dad on National Silent Key Archive, https://www.silentkeyhq.com/main.php?p=bin/NSKALookup.php&dlnk=&call=W2LT&uid=1051612817967737

Thank you in advance,

Michael Tingey
michaeltingey@gmail.com
Jan 4th 2022, 13:01

W1VT

Super Moderator

That is a tough one. Normally one can find cards on ebay. Just set a search for "W2LT QSL" and have them email search hits. But, it is likely that as he evolved into a serious DXer, he only sent cards to DX stations overseas.

Zak W1VT
ARRL Senior Lab Engineer
Jan 4th 2022, 14:58

michaeltingey

Thanks Zak, I believe you are correct on the overseas DX stations. I did search ebay but didn't know about setting up a search. Thanks for the tip!

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn