ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Status ARRL audio news

Aug 21st 2013, 11:03

PE1HZG

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I'm a bit confused about the state of ARRL audio news. It suddenly stopped, with barely any warning, on june 3; the home page says the service has stopped, but a brief note in ARRL news says that the service is just suspended while changes are made.

No clue as to what these changes are, what the status is, what the new service looks like and when (if?) it will start again.

ARRL audio news is relayed by many users. I'd think that proper notice is very desirable and I'm not sure if that is what we have seen so far.

What is done, is done, but: 1. will it start again, 2. when, 3. how, 4. what will the new service look like?

73, Geert Jan
Aug 21st 2013, 13:48

WB1GCM

Super Moderator

I've miss Audio News too.

Audio News is a service not performed by the Laboratory, but I do know that other staff members are in the process of building a better studio facility for video and audio production. Our old studio and methods were prone to failure and finally had to be retired. I've heard that our last new piece of audio equipment will be arriving shortly.

It looks like Audio News will be resumed around Mid-September, in the form of a downloadable MP3 file. When the exact date is established, it will be posted on our main page as a news item. We'll both learn what to look for then.

Bob Allison
WB1GCM
ARRL Test Engineer
Sep 22nd 2013, 20:48

PE1HZG

Apologies for awakening my own topic, but:
The service started again this weekend.

Re-broadcasters should be aware that the HTTP filename path changed (again). I've asked ARRL not to change it any further, we'll have to see.

Geert Jan PE1HZG

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn