ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Troubleshooting Fldigi

Mar 9th 2014, 00:10

kb1yvr

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I am running Fldigi 3.21.78 on a Dell which was recently updated to run Windows 7. My rig is a Kenwood TS-590s.

Since updating to Windows 7, the "Brag" macros will not save information. Information entered once applied will execute, but in spite of using File/Macros/Save before exiting the program the presumably saved info is gone the next time the program is opened.

Any insight would be helpful.
Mar 9th 2014, 03:16

aa6e

This sounds like a file protection problem. If you just upgraded from XP (?) to Win7, chances are you need to reinstall with a fresh copy of fldigi -- being sure that you've removed all traces of the old installation.

If this doesn't work, I suggest checking on the Win-fldigi yahoo group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/win-fldigi/info?showJoinPopup=true.

73 Martin AA6E
Mar 9th 2014, 16:51

kb1yvr

Thanks Martin. I will give this a try, and post the result here for everyone's benefit.
Mar 9th 2014, 21:05

kb1yvr

Well thanks to Martin AA6E, it appears that the mystery is solved, although not in the way I expected. In preparation to delete and reload Fldigi I began taking screen shots of all of the Operator Config menus to ensure proper set up.

Low and behold, in the Op Config/UI/Macros menu I noticed that the "Load last used macros on file start up" option was not checked. So before going to the trouble of deleting and reloading I selected that option, saved the file, then closed and re-opened Fldigi. Voila! Problem solved.
Jan 1st 2021, 11:14

WB4ZUT

I am new and want to get into FLDIGI a fellow Ham recommended. Is there a good setup guide for a person new to this technology. I just bought a Yaesu FT-991A and am getting used to all it does, but trying to set up FLDIGI to work with my radio has been a big challenge. I was hoping to make the contest this weekend, but still having trouble with getting it to "talk" to my radio and me how to work it. I've never done this before. So please, provide a good, simple source or 2 that may help me set this up in time for the contest. Thanking you in advance...WB4ZUT
Jan 3rd 2021, 07:01

W1VT

Super Moderator

http://www.w1hkj.com/flrig-help/ft991a_how_to_page.html

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn