ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Restricted space multi band HF antenna recommendations

Sep 8th 2014, 06:17

KA6ALF

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I live in a condo and recently upgraded to General. I would like to start using the HF privileges I just earned, but need some antenna advice. I would like to cram as many frequencies into a single antenna as possible, but do realize that it will work well on some frequencies and not so well on others. I need some advice as to what type antenna to look at. I have heard about loop and folded dipoles, magnetic loops, fan dipoles and verticals just to mention a few. I am going to have to mount this in the attic so space is limited. The attic measures 39' long and 15' wide across the floor with a 9' peak (from the floor). I already have the 2m and 440 taken care of so I am looking for 6m on up (as many as I can cover somewhat efficiently). I have photos of the attic available if needed.

Thanks in advance,
Mike KA6ALF(formerly KD6NVO)
alfdude@roadrunner.com
Sep 8th 2014, 15:00

W1VT

Super Moderator

http://www.arrl.org/limited-space-and-indoor-antennas
An All-Band Attic Antenna
Kai Siwiak, KE4PT, describes how to make an effective inverted L with an Icom AH-4 autotuner. QST October 2007 pp. 33-37.

Condo associates cannot entirely prohibit displays of the American Flag--now that the Freedom to Display the American Flag act of 2006 is the law of the land. A flagpole with an autotuner at the base can be a very effective antenna on many bands--a 20 ft flagpole works well on 40 through 10 meters,

Zack Lau W1VT
ARRL Senior Lab Engineer

Sep 8th 2014, 22:08

WA9WVX

Hey Zack,

I wonder if Alldude1's HOA would approve my favorite Flagpole? It's located in Sheboygan, Wisconsin.

http://mortenson.wistia.com/medias/tejnwpitig Just Copy & Paste into your browser.

Dan
WA9WVX

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn