ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Emailing Ham Operators

Sep 12th 2014, 11:31

pmc181

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Hello All,
I am studying for my technicians license and also looking at base station equipment especially antennas. I did a search and found 52 ham operators in my zip code and 17 of them are in my subdivision. Wow! I want to contact the operators in my subdivision to find out what does and does not work as far as an antenna for a base station.

I have checked a couple of the names on the list and can't find any postings they have done on the ARRL forums.

So my newbie question is:
Is there a way to send email to an operator's call sign so the next time they are on the air they would get it?

I have the operators home address, but I just don't want to walk up to their door. I would rather contact them online to explain the advice I am looking for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
pmc181
Sep 12th 2014, 12:26

WB1GCM

Super Moderator

Try www.qrz.com. You can look up each callsign and possibly, some of your neighbors posted their email address on qrz.

Years ago, it was quite common to spot Amateur antennas on a structure and knock on the door. I rarely heard of anything going wrong afterwards. I have not tried that recently.
Sep 12th 2014, 13:06

pmc181

Awesome, thanks so much WB1GCM!
Nov 29th 2014, 15:56

WB8ZTP

I agree WWW.QRZ.com seems to be the best resource I’ve found. I often email folks that have their email address listed on QRZ for info or to give info on my station be it Ham Radio or my Davis Weather Station that’s listed on my QRZ bio page. Please look me up and send me an email on your progress on getting your ticket. 73, Mark WB8ZTP

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn