ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Email forwarding question

Oct 1st 2014, 10:42

n1chu

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I use an Apple iPhone5. In the email settings under "Incoming Mail Server" it lists "Host Name, Server Name and Password". I have my call sign.arrl.net (n1chu.arrl.net) as the Host Name. Is this not correct? The iPhone tells me it's not. What should I be using for the Host Name?

The Outgoing Mail Server on my iPhone is SMPT.comcast.net if that's any help.
Oct 1st 2014, 13:15

W1VT

Super Moderator

You should use the account where email is forwarded. It sounds like you have a Comcast account--you should use that.

Zack W1VT
ARRL Senior Lab Engineer
Oct 4th 2014, 19:54

aa6e

Zack is right. You need to configure your personal devices (PC, phone, whatever) to receive mail through your provider's email servers. Your main address is (still) some-user@comcast.net, for example.

The ARRL forwarding service is just that. Any mail that gets sent to your-callsign@arrl.net will automatically be FORWARDED (resent) to your usual email address some-user@comcast.net, and you will see it pop up as incoming email on your Comcast account.

(Your outgoing emails, such as responses to arrl.net forwarded mail, will appear to be from your Comcast account. If that's a problem, your provider [Comcast] probably has a way to allow outgoing mail to appear to come from your-callsign@arrl.net, but that's something you would have to check out with them.)

ARRL does not operate a mail server (with user accounts, etc.) for the membership. It is only a forwarding service.

73 Martin AA6E

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn