ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

CHIRP

Oct 31st 2014, 18:48

kb1yvr

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I just got a Baofeng UV-5Ra. It was recommended to me that I use CHIRP as the programing software for the radio.

After downloading CHIRP successfully I followed the instructions to first Download from the Radio, then after programming in local repeaters I successfully uploaded them to the radio. Everything appears to have worked just fine.

Several days later I updated the repeater list, and attempted to upload the revised repeater list to the radio. Now the program will neither Download from the Radio nor Upload the revised list to the Radio. It jstu gives an error message.

Does anyone know why?
kb1yvr
Nov 3rd 2014, 14:38

W1VT

Super Moderator

http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
This mailing list supports CHIRP radio programming software.
Feb 24th 2016, 18:48

KJ4VZU

Quote by kb1yvr

Does anyone know why?
kb1yvr

I had this same problem with a Wouxun yesterday. I switched out the near dead AA clam-shell for a freshly charged factory battery and the problem solved itself just like rebooting a windows box.
Mar 7th 2016, 05:36

KQ7D

CHIRP is very quirky, in my experience. Sometimes you have to close down the program, turn your computer off, and then turn it on again. I have no idea why, but when I get the error message and do the aforementioned, it always works afterward.

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn