ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

field day What is it about?

Apr 11th 2015, 04:06

2000723494H80

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I thought field day was to practice for emergency set up, making contacts having a good time with fellow club members and guests not arguing about the food who's going to cook it ,back up power , washrooms ect. I thought having a new field day area each year was part of the practice of field day . If not why not just stay at home and operate from there. Or do I have the wrong idea of the meaning of field day.
Apr 14th 2015, 14:05

WA0CBW

Sounds like your group has let the "logistics" of field day get in the way of the true purpose of Field Day.
BB
Apr 20th 2015, 15:39

AI4BJ

Once a club finds a location that works well for Field Day, it's quite natural that they will return to that site year after year.

I usually alternate between participating with my club one year, and then operating solo the next year. When I operate with the club, I chafe at the limitations I have to operate under, and when I go solo, I miss the camaraderie! Regardless, Field Day is always my favorite weekend of the year!
Oct 17th 2015, 04:42

W7DRN

We have a few clubs in my area. Some of the members of a particular club are quarrelsome. I avoid them. I had to "shop around" a bit until I found a great club. We share responsibilities based on members' abilities/preferences, like who chooses the location, who brings the food, who cooks it, who helps with set up and take down, etc. Now, Field Day is a blast! Hope you find some people with the same priorities as you, and who embody the true spirit of Field Day!

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn