ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

hearing aids with kenwood ts590s

Jan 21st 2016, 01:30

Wa1hew

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I am considering getting hearing aids for my high frequency range hearing loss. Would appreciate input from anyone using hearing aids with the ts590s. What brand and model hearing aids are you using and what headset have you found to be compatible with your hearing aids and your rig.
Feb 2nd 2016, 01:29

WA0CBW

I don't have a TS590s but I do have an Elecraft K3 and Kenwood TS2000. My aids are BTE (behind the ear) made by Phonak. I have no trouble with them in hearing either radio. I sometimes also wear headphones with a boom mike. They were made by MFJ (I think they have been discontinued). The muffs are large enough to cover my entire ear including the BTE aids. I would suggest finding a company that will give you a trial period before you buy. Be sure to tell the person fitting your aids of your hobby so they can select the best type for your needs. Also check out the pairing that can be done wireless to your TV, phone, stereo, and your radio.

Bill
Feb 5th 2016, 21:28

Wa1hew

Thank You Bill. I am also considering PhonaK

Mar 3rd 2017, 04:28

AC9SF

Got my Phonaks at Costco. Superb service after delivery and very reasonably priced.

Jim KD9HYX
Mar 23rd 2017, 14:32

W1GOV

This reply may be too late, but I just saw the question. I have Widex hearing aids and they are Bluetooth enabled. I purchased from Widex a device that plugs into any headphone socket (transceiver, iPhone, etc) and sends the audio directly to the hearing aids. Viola, wireless headphones. Ron Gove, W1GOV

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn