ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Allowing eQSL in ARRL Awards

Allowing eQSL in ARRL Awards
Please login to vote!
Jun 6th 2019, 01:47

k4srq

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
The ARRL should allow a vote by the membership to permit the acceptance of eQSL cards for DXCC.
Jun 27th 2019, 10:35

WB1GCM

Super Moderator

eQSL can be hacked. Unfortunately, there are people who want to cheat the system. The ARRL must uphold the integrity of the awards program by using an electronic "handshake" method, same that is used for other secure transactions by banks, etc. It cannot be hacked that way.
Dec 21st 2020, 08:34

K9YO

There are many DX stations that do not use lotw, but do use eqsl. Is it more important to allow honest hams to get DXCC than to prevent a few people from getting it by cheating. I doubt if there are many that would cheat and what do they get if they do? The only value of the award is the value to the individual ham who spent legal hours getting the needed contacts. I think ARRL needs to rethink the policy.
Dec 21st 2020, 08:37

K9YO

There are many DX stations that do not use lotw, but do use eqsl. Is it more important to allow honest hams to get DXCC than to prevent a few people from getting it by cheating. I doubt if there are many that would cheat and what do they get if they do? The only value of the award is the value to the individual ham who spent legal hours getting the needed contacts. I think ARRL needs to rethink the policy.

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn