ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Adding Fusion/Wires X to Repeater

Sep 6th 2019, 13:58

CPWUSAF

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I'm new to the forum; so, first let me apologize if this is not the right place to post this topic. Please redirect me if needed.

My question is: What does it take both technically and $$ to add a Wires-X/Fusion node to a local repeater.

I have just retired and now have time to dedicate to my love of HAM radio. My first purchase was an FTM 400XDR from Yaesu for my mobile. I should have done research in my area before buying because no repeaters in my area are Wires-X/Fusion capable.

While I'm not a young man anymore and cannot do the work, I have been blessed with a comfortable income upon retirement. I'm willing to put up the $$ to add Yaesu Fusion/Wires-X to a local repeater. Can anyone tell me how much I would have to donate to get this added if someone is willing to program it and get it running?

Thank-you DE KA5PXE
Dec 18th 2020, 21:25

KN6ILG

KA5PXE Did you ever get an answer to this. I have the same question. Please let me know KN6ILG
Dec 19th 2020, 23:27

WA0CBW

Did you guys get some help? I am one of three guys that have about 20 repeaters linked by WiresX. Give me a call anytime 816-985-0960.
Bill - WA0CBW
ARRL Technical Coordinator - Kansas Section
Dec 31st 2020, 17:19

WA0CBW

KA5PXE and KN6ILG did you get an answer? This might help. You would need a Fusion repeater, HRI200, and a computer running WiresX with internet at the repeater site. Or for a remote node an HRI200 connected to a Fusion HRI capable radio and a computer running WiresX connected to the internet. There are a couple of variations to this all explained on the Yaesu web site.
Bill

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn