ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

ARRL governance and democracy

Oct 26th 2020, 18:37

K6INM

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
"ARRL is a representative democracy — its members control its policies through the power of the ballot."
This is a noble statement and one that one would hope to be true of an organization that speaks to national and international organizations as if it indeed understood the will of its membership.
I have been a member on and off since I first obtained a license in 1954 at the age of 13. I have had continuous membership for most of my adult life. In all that time I can not remember once being asked or given the opportunity to vote for anyone or on anything. Perhaps I am mistaken, but you'd think even an old timer like myself would remember doing so.
I just discovered this forum and it occurred to me that this would be a good place to hold discussions about the governance of the organization which represents hams to the rest of the world.
Would anyone else like to see such a discussion?
Nov 5th 2020, 15:25

AI4BJ

I have been a member since 2003 and I have received ballots for every section and division election since then. I fact, I just cast my vote for Director and Vice-Director (Great Lakes division) a couple of weeks ago. If you haven't been receiving ballots you should have contacted HQ right away!

These are typically the only voting opportunities that I get, but my Section and Division representatives do an excellent job of keeping me informed of what is going on both within the division and at HQ, and I have never had trouble providing them with my thoughts and opinions on the hot and not-so-hot topics of the day.

Mark AI4BJ
Nov 9th 2020, 14:15

K6INM

Thanks for the reply, Mark. I guess I just got off the list somehow.

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn