ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

FT3DR micro SD

Jan 28th 2021, 13:40

KO4LKZ

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Hello, I'm new to the forum and to the hobby of HAM. Just got my Technician's license this past Monday I know this topic has been brought up before, I searched first, found the thread, asked a question and haven't received an answer. Am I impatient? Maybe. That being said, I'm posting the email I sent to Yaesu amateur equipment support....since I haven't heard back from them yet either. Yes, I understand I may be impatient.

I have recently purchased an FT3DR I’m having an issue with it not reading the microSD card. I’ve followed the step by step directions on several online sites & forums..
I was successful in the formatting the card in the radio, writing the existing programming to it, then importing that file into the programming software on my laptop.. Then I saved all the new channels on the memory tab then exported the new version to the card. I inserted it back into the radio while the radio was turned off. I turned it on, then I followed the same steps in the menu --sdcard,-- backup, read from card, hit ok, (did nothing) hit okay again, then it just beeped twice and goes back to the read write menu. So,it seems that the radio can write to the card, but not read from the card.

The microsd card is a 16 gig
The programming software is FT3D-ADMS-11 EXP version 1.0.0.0
I’m running Windows 10 on an HP laptop

Any suggestions?

Beth Liles
KO4LSK
Bealeton, VA, USA
Jan 29th 2021, 08:35

WA0CBW

I have seen that problem several times. The radio can't read the card. The solution was a new SD card. You might try that.
Bill
Jan 29th 2021, 10:28

W1VT

Super Moderator

Hi Bill,

The Yaesu manual suggests that as a possible issue.

Zak
Apr 12th 2021, 20:22

N4MAV

I have found that the Yaesu radios that take the SD card are very fickle on what they want. It has been my observations that the Samsung cards are proably the better choice. After switching to them I have not had an issue again. I use the 16 ans 32 gig Evo Select class 1 cards.
Russ, N4MAV

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn