ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Computer keeps switching to "logged out" on ARRL website

Mar 19th 2021, 20:11

KR2F

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Hi there.

Writing this from a work laptop. My main computer cannot seem to maintain a logged in status on the ARRL website. I keep trying to go to FORUMS for one thing or another, and after logging in, it will suddenly show the not logged in message after I hit FORUMS and select a particular forum. The situation on my laptop is perfectly normal. I assume I need to correct something in my settings, but I'm not sure what it might be. Cookies, perhaps?

Any assistance will be appreciated. Thank you.

Vin KR2F
Mar 21st 2021, 09:46

AI4BJ

Yes, your browser needs to be configured to accept cookies. Most do this by default, but this can be turned off in the settings.

Mark AI4BJ
Mar 22nd 2021, 08:35

W1VT

Super Moderator

One technique for persistent login not only requires the use of cookies, but an accurate clock.

https://shiflett.org/articles/persistent-logins
Mar 22nd 2021, 11:08

KR2F

Thank you both for your replies. I have ensured that it is configured to accept all cookies, but it is still behaving this way. Zachary, I am not certain what that link means for me. The clock on my computer is synched up with my internet connection and the article seems to mention certain lines of code, but i don't know how that applies to me. Could you elaborate, please?
Mar 22nd 2021, 13:00

W1VT

Super Moderator

I wanted to point out that there are other issues besides cookies that folks use to set persistent logins.

https://www.guidingtech.com/fix-chrome-doesnt-keep-you-logged-in/
This site suggests an outdated browser and corrupted cookies.
Mar 22nd 2021, 13:15

KR2F

And you were right on the money! I simply ran Firefox instead of Chrome, and that's all it took. Thank you very much and sorry, I can be a little slow on the uptake.

Vin KR2F

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn