ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

MFJ issues

Aug 16th 2023, 14:15

KK7CLY

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Hi gang, Leo 'Gus' Gustafsson here and this is my first post in the ARRL forum, I hope I'm in the right place.
Back in February I purchased an MFJ 464 keyer/reader from MFJ direct. The first couple of uses and the device began going nutz. Automated text would scroll across the transmit line without any input from my keyboard. At the same time, it disabled Any entries I attempted on my keyboard or the buttons on the device.
Thereafter I sent messages to MFJ for several weeks with no reply then I called their office, and they directed me to the technicians working on their gear. I learned that they were out of stock and they would get back to me. Well now we're in August and finally they responded asking for the 464 back for repairs. I sent it off last week and awaiting word from them as to it's status. (Whew)
So, onto my question, does anyone know if MFJ is short staffed or otherwise having shortage of personnel? This seems out of character for them after watching YouTubbe video of their shop. Then again I am a bit of an amateur when it comes to Ham Radio only getting my Technician and General in the last year. Thanks for any insights you may have.
All my best and "73" KK7CLY
Aug 17th 2023, 11:37

WA0CBW

Like everyone they may be experiencing staffing shortages. I'm still waiting ( 2 years ) on an accessory I ordered from another major manufacturer. They have had issues with quality control but have made it right (but it can take some time). Hopefully they will get your problem sorted out.
Bill
Jan 13th, 19:13

KK7CLY

After several months of waiting for a response and sending the unit into MFJ then another long delay they returned the keyer/reader to me saying of course that there was nothing wrong with it. Sure enough when I tried it out it began working nominally once more. Perhaps being powered down for so long allowed a reset of the hardware.

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn