ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

QSL Card Call Sign Format

Mar 12th 2012, 01:10

WA2FTV

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Hello Everybody,

I have a QSL card callsign format that I would like some feedback on.

I moved to a new call area a few years ago and still have my original callsign, which I plan on keeping. Does anyone every have their QSL cards print with their callsign and the portable location included. Using my own callsign as an example. WA2FTV/4 Is this ever done?

I am thinking about doing this when I order my qsl cards here shortly.

Thank you.

Cedric
WA2FTV/4
Mar 12th 2012, 22:49

0008006140H80

Howdy Cedric

I see nothing wrong with the /4 but I don't think, since you've stated that you "...moved to new call sign area" that you are portable so signing that way at your primary station location would be wrong . You call is WA2FTV at that location and you're QSL card should reflect that location. Like you, I have no intention of ever chsncing my callsign, it is original issue, not a vanity call, and while I have no plans of leaving my beloved Nevada, where I go my callsign goes with me. QSL cards are an extension of yourself and its design should reflect you. I have a couple QSL Cards (I don't solicit them) that have stateside callsigns slant some of our pacific territories or "/kh6" from the 70s so you won't be the first. Nowadys most cards are color so a design artist could fade or use another color for the /4 to emphasis the change of your primary location. I hope others will chime in with advice. I'd be interested to know what you decide to do. Good luck!

Bob - K7SN
Mar 20th 2012, 07:09

wc5b

I agree, its just not necessary anymore to sign /4 when you live somewhere else. I have had a 5 call in Michigan for years. Only time I signed /8 was when I had a KH6 call so people didnt get heart broke when they thought they got a contact with another DXCC. That is not to say that you can't if you like the look or sound of it. Callsign's become part of your personality too.

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn