ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Amateur Radio in Dubai/Abu Dhabi

Mar 19th 2012, 16:44

EI5HL

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I am moving to one of the above mentioned cities. I hold an Irish Cept license. Does anybody know the ropes about getting an A6 license and is there any restrictions on putting a beam antenna on top of a villa. I have been in touch with their national Ham organisations bu they just say see you when you get here! Would like to know the ins and outs from an ARRL member who has operated in the middle east.
Mar 20th 2012, 06:53

wc5b

I am not sure of the exact methods for UAE, but with strong western ties, I am sure it should not be too hard. There is little info on this, but when doing a search I found this: http://www.qsl.net/oh2mcn/a6.htm which basically states a simple email will get you started in the process using just your home call with a A6/ for a prefix once permitted. If you want deeper answers, might want to email the other hams mentioned on that page to see what they had to do.
Mar 20th 2012, 08:33

EI5HL

Tnx for that. Will follow that lead up
Mar 20th 2012, 15:43

WB0VGI

Would like advice on what equipment to bring to Tanzania in the fall. Already arranged for a license and will be living in an apartment. Plan to bring a Yaesu FT-897d with batteries to Iringa. Need advice on antennae,coax ...
WB0VGI
Mar 20th 2012, 15:43

WB0VGI

Would like advice on what equipment to bring to Tanzania in the fall. Already arranged for a license and will be living in an apartment. Plan to bring a Yaesu FT-897d with batteries to Iringa. Need advice on antennae,coax ...
WB0VGI

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn