ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

I WOULD LIKE TO USE A STEPPER MOTOR IT AS A NORMAL MOTOR TO DRIVE A BUTTERFLY CAPACITOR

Apr 6th 2012, 19:47

vassile52

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Hi!

I did disassemble a SONCEBOZ 7165R001, small linear actuators using 2-phaqse stepping motors.
I would like to use the motor to drive a hv huge butterfly capacitor as a normal electric motor.

How to use it,pse?

I did find on goggle this info

ACP&D Limited - Small linear actuators
www.acpd.co.uk/sonceboz-linear-actuators.html
small linear actuators using 2-phaqse stepping motors

http://www.acpd.co.uk/sei/s/1488/sonceboz%20small%20linear%20actuator%207165.pdf

Power supply to the SYS1 board is 35v, driver is a DRV50 set at 4A, Sonceboz 6600R174 motor 4.7A, at the motor end connection I checked the two pairs of two wires one pair make G & GW the second pair make R & RW, with no load 360 + & 360 - works well, under load (cutting) -360 loses steps, first pair of wires read 3.9 to 4 volts, second pair read 5.8 to 6 volts same readings whether clock wise or anti clock.
Have tried the motor on a different axis output and works as it should no problem, the problem has to be in the driver board, been in touch with Roy @ DIYCNC sending it back for him to check out and repair.
What i would like to find out is what voltage readings should I be seeing on the two pairs of wires should they be the same? should one pair be different? I know one is Step the other is Dir but that is as far as my electrical knowhow goes.

Tnx for help!
73 de VA6POP
Vasile

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn