ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

QRP logging

Apr 23rd 2012, 02:30

W4RQ

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I like to run QRP, but do not want to keep a seperate log, but should I be keeping 2 logs?

I don't send CQ de W4RQ/QRP because I want to log and receive all QSL's addressed for W4RQ

Is this acceptable general practice?
Apr 23rd 2012, 15:54

aa6e

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Logging is completely up to you. At least the FCC doesn't require it anymore. (Oh, for the good old days!)

Most logging systems (paper, too) give you a way to note your power level. It would be good practice to do that, if you're mixing Q's with different power levels. That applies to QRO, as well.

(One less-than-obvious reason to keep good logs is in case of interference problems. It's good to be able to tell your neighbors you weren't on the air when they had problems -- and to point to a carefully maintained log.)

Maybe you are contesting or working for a certain award? Then it might be handy to keep a separate log for those QSO's.

You can set up a separate identity in LoTW with callsign/QRP if you want, and you can combine identities if you need to to claim some awards. That's a good idea if you ever sign with callsign/anything.

73 es GL
Martin AA6E

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn