ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

2014 Hard Cover Handbook

Dec 27th 2013, 18:50

N4MAV

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Is anyone as disappointed with the new handbook as I am? While PDF is a decent format, what the heck happened to color? I was a little shocked to see it in black and white!
While yes I understand the cost factor here, but building a PDF and having it published is one thing, but really now it doesn't take that much more to make it in color! I thought this edition would be spectacular for the 100th anniversary of the ARRL, but that was my mistake. The articles are wonderful though, just in 2014 we could have used color even a little bit would break it up.
Maybe in the future put out a Handbook and an Antenna book through Zinio Reader, that would be nice.

Russ Abbey
KG4MAV
Feb 6th 2014, 13:22

NS5B

I haven't had a chance to see the new handbook yet. What I am wondering is when they will have MORE hardcover editions available?
May 24th 2014, 17:31

NS5B

Still waiting on the HARD COVER edition. They ran out before I could order one with my name and call sign. Also, no word if they will offer those again, no update on the site that I can find, and as usual, none of my emails have been answered either.

I'm confident that if they make another print run, they will sell out again.

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn