Register Account

Login Help


Joined: Sat, Apr 4th 1998, 00:00 Roles: N/A Moderates: N/A

Latest Topics

Topic Created Posts Views Last Activity
Licensing Requirments For Aliens Aug 29th 2016, 21:29 2 5,649 on 7/9/16

Latest Posts

Topic Author Posted On
Licensing Requirments For Aliens N7NSL on 29/8/16
I've been a VE examiner for several years in a small town, meaning we typically give tests to 1 or 2 applicants at the most each session. We've always required ID which has always been a driver's license. Well a questions just came up. What if the applicant if from Bangladesh? First, is a foreign applicant allowed to take the test and become licensed? I've looked at the FCC website, ARRL website, and our VE manual. The best information so far is yes - maybe. Someone from Bangladesh - or anywhere can receive a license. If the person has a work permit, he/she is required to give their TIN in place of the SSN, and for all others, just write in FOREIGN in the SSN location on the NCVEC Form 605. Also, in our VE manual, if one doesn't have an ID like a driver's license or passport, a library card or utility bill, or maybe even a letter from your mother is okay?.

Any thoughts?

Back to Top


Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn