These nine DXpedition video excerpts tell compelling stories of fear, frustration and sheer joy as DX traveler Bob Allphin, K4UEE and his teammates recount the highlights (and low-lights) of their most heralded trips, most named "DXpeditions of the Year" -- and all to the rarest-of-the-rare DXCC entities.
- 3YØX, Peter One -- nearly 90,000 Qs from the bottom of the world
- A52A, Bhutan -- the mysterious and exciting Kingdom nestled in the Himalayas
(footage contributed by James Brooks, 9V1YC)
- AH1A, Howland Island -- where Amelia Earhart disappeared
- K5D, Desecheo Island - so rare, so near, yet so far
- PJ6A, Saba - first contacts from a brand new DXCC entity
- VKØIR, Heard Island -- with its ominous and active volcano rising to 8,000ft
- VP8GEO, South Georgia -- the final resting place of Sir Ernest Shackleton
- VP8THU, South Sandwich -- nearly 30,000 Qs in a three-day strike
- VU7RG, Lakshadweep -- from the #2 most wanted DXCC entity
Please note: If you've previously purchased Bob Allphin's "Seven DXpeditions of the Year" five of those DXpeditions are duplicated on this DVD.
DVD. Running time 52 minutes. Produced by Bob Allphin, K4UEE.