ARES E-LetterSubscribe today! The ARES E-Letter is an informative e-mail newsletter about Amateur Radio Public Services and Emergency Communications that are available to ARRL members via e-mail free of charge directly from ARRL HQ.
- Find out what ARES groups around the country are doing
- Get ideas for exercises, training, and activities
- Keep up to date on news about the ARRL Emergency Communications Training Program
- Letters to the editor – your chance to be heard
- Find out about important regulatory information that pertains to Amateur Radio emergency communications
- Learn about new emergency communications gear
How to Subscribe
- Log in to the ARRL website
- Go to "Edit Your Profile"
- Select "Edit E-mail Subscriptions"
- Select "The ARES E-Letter"
Missed an issue of the ARES E-Letter? Check out the ARES E-Letter Archive
ARES E-Letter Audio Version
To listen to a voice version of the ARRL ARES E-letter click here
Plain Text Version
The ARES E-Letter e-mail is formatted with both HTML (rich text) and plain-text versions. Most e-mail reading programs provide some means of accessing the plain-text version if you want it. Here are some techniques to use:
1. From the Inbox view, select the Tools menu and the Options selection.
2. Click the Read tab
3. Check the Read All Messages In Plain Text box. When you open the e-mail, it will be in plain text without images. Other e-mail programs may be able to make a Mail Rule for e-mail received from the address firstname.lastname@example.org so that the plain-text-only displayed is selected automatically.
Use the same procedure as for Outlook Express, although the global option is under "Tools/Trust Center/E-mail Security".
Use the menu item "View/Message Body As/Plain Text" or "View/Message Source" options.
OS X Mail (Mac)
Use the "View/Message/Plain Text Alternative" menu item.
Use the "Message text garbled?" link in the drop-down menu at the upper right of the displayed message block. pine, alpine Set "prefer-plain-text" in your ~/.pinerc configuration file: feature-list=..., prefer-plain-text, ...