ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Icom IC-71 6M rig schematic?

Aug 2nd 2011, 15:40

W1VT

Super Moderator

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
An ARRL Member writes in:

I recently acquired an Icom IC-71 Transceiver in excellent condition. The unit fully appears to be functional; except that the original microphone is missing. The microphone that came with the unit is wired in the usual manner for Icom's 4 pin connectors, I believe the IC-71 microphone is different for this transceiver. I would like to obtain a diagram for the IC-71 microphone connector wiring.as well as a schematic for the intenral microphone connector wiring. I have searched Internet in vain. Could you be of any assistance as the transceiver is in exceptional condition and I do not wish to damage it. It is dated 1970. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Jan 27th 2015, 15:28

w9lvm

Did you ever find the information you were looking for? w9lvm@arrl.net
Jan 27th 2015, 15:28

w9lvm

Did you ever find the information you were looking for? w9lvm@arrl.net
Jan 27th 2015, 21:35

WA9WVX

According to the Radio Reference webpage: ICOM Manufactured the IC-71 Between 1968 and 1971 in Japan (was not available for export) and there's no information on the Manual or Schematics. Here's what the 6 m transceiver looks like: http://www.rigpix.com/icom/ic71.htm I even chacked on mods.dk website and It doesn't exist, one of Japan's most guarded secrets. Zach, I remembered that ICOM built a 2 m version, the IC-21A FM Only transceiver and perhaps you could find a Manual and a Schematic on this transceiver to do a comparison on the microphone wiring connections.

Dan
WA9WVX

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn