ARRL

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Troubleshooting Fldigi

Mar 9th, 00:10

kb1yvr

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I am running Fldigi 3.21.78 on a Dell which was recently updated to run Windows 7. My rig is a Kenwood TS-590s.

Since updating to Windows 7, the "Brag" macros will not save information. Information entered once applied will execute, but in spite of using File/Macros/Save before exiting the program the presumably saved info is gone the next time the program is opened.

Any insight would be helpful.
Mar 9th, 02:16

AA6E

This sounds like a file protection problem. If you just upgraded from XP (?) to Win7, chances are you need to reinstall with a fresh copy of fldigi -- being sure that you've removed all traces of the old installation.

If this doesn't work, I suggest checking on the Win-fldigi yahoo group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/win-fldigi/info?showJoinPopup=true.

73 Martin AA6E
Mar 9th, 16:51

kb1yvr

Thanks Martin. I will give this a try, and post the result here for everyone's benefit.
Mar 9th, 21:05

kb1yvr

Well thanks to Martin AA6E, it appears that the mystery is solved, although not in the way I expected. In preparation to delete and reload Fldigi I began taking screen shots of all of the Operator Config menus to ensure proper set up.

Low and behold, in the Op Config/UI/Macros menu I noticed that the "Load last used macros on file start up" option was not checked. So before going to the trouble of deleting and reloading I selected that option, saved the file, then closed and re-opened Fldigi. Voila! Problem solved.