ARRL

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

ARRL eQSL Policy

ARRL eQSL Policy
Please login to vote!
May 29th, 15:36

KB1XI

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
The 2010 ARRL policy regarding the use of eQSLs for any of the ARRL awards is an emphatic NO! With ever more stations worldwide using the eQSL.cc service to do their QSL confirmations in place of tradition mailed cards or LOTW, this poll is to see how many amateurs would recommend ARRL change this policy and allow eQSL.cc authenticity guaranteed QSLs to be accepted for awards by the ARRL especially WAS and DXCC.
Jun 8th, 15:19

N4AAB

Digital certificates are used by many organizations. These should make it more certain that the QSL took place.
Aug 19th, 15:37

N0NB

As I see it, beyond digital signatures, the issue is the way eQSL handles incoming QSL requests. The eQSL system shows all requests for your station while LoTW does not. In this case LoTW employs a "double blind" system where only the LoTW system can see the requests made for other stations. LoTW is actually more strict than paper QSLs.

Let's say P59XYZ busts a call and uploads his log to LoTW. In this case neither the station actually worked nor the erroneous callsign will know a request is pending for them. In the eQSL system, the holder of the erroneously logged callsign does receive a request even though the QSO was not actually made with that station. Just like with paper QSLs, it is up to the station that received the request in error to do the right thing and ignore/delete/trash the erroneous request. LoTW won't even allow a potentially unscrupulous operator the choice!

Until eQSL fixes this loophole, I don't see any hope for them to be acceptable for ARRL awards.

73, Nate
N0NB.us
Sep 19th, 20:19

wo9g

I would like to see ARRL/LoTW accept eQSL's. As a new Ham Op I found it extremely hard to find the op's in the last few states I needed to get my eQSL WAS award the other day. I found myself on the nets looking up each call sign on QRZ for the needed states to see if they logged to LoTW, it seems a heck of a lot of Hams out there don't and have a bone to pick with ARRL.