ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

ARRL eQSL Policy

ARRL eQSL Policy
Please login to vote!
Apr 29th 2016, 15:02

K1KOB

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
It looks like 66% don't agree with the present ARRL policy on DXCC. The whole program needs to be looked at.
Oct 9th 2017, 17:01

N1ARG

If ARRL wants to attract new and younger hams it must make its systems more user friendly. Young people who have grown up with the latest technology will never tolerate clunky systems like LoTW. Being open to other newer eQSL systems will not diminish the credibility of the ARRL awards.
Feb 17th 2018, 09:31

N8QNM

Crap, thought agree was to agree to the change. Wonder how many got snickered by this wording. Kinda like have you stopped kerchunking the repeater?
Feb 17th 2018, 09:33

N8QNM

Crap, thought agree was to agree to the change. Wonder how many got snickered by this wording. Kinda like have you stopped kerchunking the repeater?
Feb 17th 2018, 09:36

N8QNM

Feb 17th 2018, 09:55

N8QNM

Mar 22nd 2019, 06:11

KD2HCE

IMHO, as others have stated nothing is perfect. Some ops, especially foreign ops use eQSL and QRZ logs as their only FREE means of affording operations. Even retirees on fixed incomes can relate to high QSL overall costs. Using eQSL helps in this regard. To "share" databases for comparable/compatible awards, I believe is a good thing. Some ops only use one form of log, and not any others, so there really has to be a means of confirming THOSE confirmed contacts into any other logs format for that award you are searching to achieve for yourself. Even QRZ needs the confirmation in and of its own to confirm time and frequency and mode of the contact. Yes, anyone can make a contact up out of thin air, tell another op somewhere else, and both log it. I would surmise, the majority of us are not like that. Of course there are ways around being honest on ANY log. Meanwhile, QRZ fully trusts LoTW entries downloaded to validate the QRZ logs. After all of this, you just have to ask: Why so one-sided? Don't penalize the many for the actions of a select bad few.
Jun 6th 2019, 01:42

k4srq

ARRL, maybe digitally there are some issues with linking up to the eQSL system but at least accept the printouts of eQSL cards. What is the difference if it is sent via email or snail mail. IRC's are no longer available which makes it even more difficult. Please allow this. I think this should be up to member vote. Anyone else agree?
Sep 22nd 2019, 08:58

AE8U

Since there are many operators that use eQSL (probably for lots of reasons that ARRL may not understand or appreciate) I would like to see ARRL work with the folks at eQSL to come up with parameters that are acceptable to ARRL that eQSL can incorporate so that their cars will be acceptable for ARRL awards.
Jan 24th 2021, 14:34

jmrinella

FWIW- Reading through this forum, it's apparent that some change needs to take place to recognize these other logging/tracking website applications. Since we have a choice in how we log our contacts, i.e. eQSL, LOTW, QRZ.com, paper QSL's, etc., true confirmations of QSO's are scattered across all of them. I have found it difficult to eMail, send paper QSL's, etc. to ask a fellow ham to log a contact in one of these respective systems, especially when they logged/confirmed it already. Our ARRL really needs to work with the international entities to agree on one, logging/awards tracking database, or recognize these other QSO/QSL tracking/database web applications so that we can legitimately claim the awards that are offered. The administrative and back-end processes are making it difficult when it's already challenging enough chasing the contacts needed for the award! Thanks...Joe/KG0HG
Jan 27th 2021, 19:57

KD1NN

I think this is a (EQSL )great idea because it prevents anyone who has a weaken immune system from getting infected from the COVID-19 virus . and it saves on stamps and envelopes . Yes there is a drawback with not having a card in hand but safety should be more important and getting credit for each QSO

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn