ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Timeframes for processing VUCC applications via LOTW?

Aug 3rd 2011, 18:06

WD9EWK

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Hi!

Before I start e-mailing people at ARRL, I would like to get a clear statement on how long it should take to have a VUCC application or endorsement processed through LOTW. I know LOTW is supposed to cut down on the workload at ARRL, and is priced less than a paper application, but what should I consider a "reasonable" amount of time for processing, before I start e-mailing the Awards Desk or LOTW Help - or others like my section manager, division director, etc.?

In February, I submitted an initial VUCC application using only LOTW. I received various excuses on why nothing had been done with the application - conversion issues, end-of-year DXCC processing, etc. - until this application was canceled in May. I was never given an explanation why the original application was canceled, but was told I could resubmit it. The resubmitted application was approved in a day, and the certificate was sent out the next day. So I know that, given enough agitating, the process can be very quick.

I submitted an endorsement for my VUCC on Sunday evening. It has stayed at the "Sent" status since then, with no changes. I won't wait until November to start sending e-mails to the ARRL hierarchy, but will wait some reasonable amount of time to see what - if anything - happens with this endorsement. Comments?

73!

Patrick Stoddard, WD9EWK
Aug 5th 2011, 16:35

WD9EWK

Hi again!

This morning, LOTW reported that my VUCC endorsement that I filed on Sunday evening had been accepted. My satellite VUCC is now up to 125 grids, from the 113 when I filed the initial application in May. Having this processed within a few days of filing the endorsement on the LOTW is reasonable, but I would still appreciate someone from ARRL commenting on what should be "reasonable" timeframes when someone submits an initial application and endorsement. That would help set expectations for those using LOTW.

Thanks and 73!

Patrick Stoddard, WD9EWK

Aug 5th 2011, 18:11

K1ZZ

Patrick, thanks for your participation and congratulations on earning your satellite VUCC endorsement.

Processing a LOTW-only award application doesn't take a great deal of staff time, but how quickly one can be attended to is subject to a lot of factors. For DXCC we say that we try to turn around a LOTW-only application within five business days and the same would generally apply to VUCC, but that's a target and not a guarantee.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

Dave Sumner, K1ZZ
May 10th 2012, 01:55

KN4NN

I submitted mine on 4/15 by lotw, and have seen no change to the status as of 5/9.

John KN4NN
Dec 13th 2016, 12:09

w2amr

My card counter sent my paperwork to the ARRL for my 225 endorsement on 6 meters, during the early part of October. My check was cashed 10/21. I still haven't heard anything from the league.
George/ W2AMR
Jun 30th 2017, 23:58

N2VHZ

They are slow on all of their awards, and they aren't "free" by any means.....so we do have a right to complain......maybe these are the discouraging things new hams experience? I submitted a WAS and a VUCC application via US Postal service. Ho-hum, is all I can say!

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn