ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Upgraded to General

Jun 18th 2014, 01:27

daveinlex3@gmail.com

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Hello,
I looked on the FCC site but could not find an answer.
I just passed my General (yea me!) and was wondering if my license automatically renewed when it's filed with the FCC.

My Technician license is/was set to expire in October this year.

KE4RWD/AG
Jun 22nd 2014, 23:48

w5wvh

No it does not renew what ever the expiration was still is and please make sure your original license has your current adress
Jun 28th 2014, 12:16

KC3DBX

Just wondering if that last answered your real question. If you want to know your current status, go to the FCC website and look yourself up. The web pages are a bit convoluted, but by clicking on various links you can find out everything you want to know. It will tell you the current class of your license and its issue and expiration dates. Just do a web search on something like "FCC license database". Hope that helps.
Jul 25th 2014, 22:57

N4AAB

I got my technician license in May of 2013, and then my general in June, of 2013. My expiration date didn't change. Just my license class changed.
Jul 31st 2014, 20:56

N0NB

Quote by KF5VPK
I got my technician license in May of 2013, and then my general in June, of 2013. My expiration date didn't change. Just my license class changed.

The effective date also changed.

Once upon a time an upgrade automatically renewed the license. Why the FCC went away from that I do not recall. I don't remember if it changed when the vanity system was implemented or later. The first issuance of a vanity call results in a fresh ten year term. Perhaps that is why the change was made, so that an upgrade of operator class or other modification did not extend the term of a vanity license without payment.

73, Nate
N0NB.us

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn