ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

field day

field day
Please login to vote!
Jun 23rd 2014, 19:13

w5xk

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Do you feel that any one should work field day from home and get credit for it..
Jun 24th 2014, 02:09

AI4BJ

I'll be working Field Day from home this year. I'll be setting up a temporary solar-powered station in my backyard, using a wire antenna suspended from a fiberglass push-up mast. My class will be 1B.

If for some reason I was unable to leave the house, I could operate from my normal home station as class 1D. Class D stations cannot work each other, but may work all other classes. Class D stations may not receive the benefit of testing their preparedness for emergencies, but they provide useful additional contacts for all the stations that are out in the field.

All operating classes in Field Day serve a useful purpose, and as such all are due full credit for their participation.

Jun 24th 2014, 02:15

AI4BJ

I forgot to mention one additional "home" operating class - class E. Class E is the same as class D, but using an emergency power source, such as a generator. Class E stations can work all other stations.
Jun 29th 2014, 14:46

AA1PR

I was about to create an online petition for us to sign & protest the ARRL to change its abnormal ideology of this

as we seen in Haitai there was only one ham from his home that was able to provide emergency radio support, a perfect example

hams are not going to flock to remote locations when their families could possibly be in need, they will remain home

just as there is a conflict of individualism versus collectivism in this hobby & what the league tries to maintain

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn