ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

International

Aug 11th 2014, 16:18

K9GSW

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Has anybody used ham radio as a link to supporting cross-cultural exposure in schools or international education, as opposed to tech education. One idea would be for students to use Echolink or IRLP to talk to classrooms in other countries, on subjects coordinated by their teachers.
Dave Harr
KF9IO
Aug 13th 2014, 11:15

WA8SME

Super Moderator

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Thought I'd give some time for others to respond. A while back there were a few teachers who mentioned during the Teachers Institute that they were interested in using EchoLink as part of their cross cultural units of instruction. I believe there was some success reported, however it was not wide spread and the technology did not seem to catch on in the classroom. Perhaps other technologies that include video, like Skype, was found to be a more robust resource for this kind of activity, but I am only speculating. Ham radio is a great way to connect our students outside of the local boarders (city, state, country) and there are pockets of activity where the teachers have discovered the value of using Ham radio in their classrooms. The quest is on-going.

Mark WA8SME

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn