ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Elmer needed - Galeton, PA area

Jan 22nd 2015, 21:24

K1DJE

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Fellow I work with is interested in becoming a ham. He is quite a distance from me and I see him rarely so I can't help much. Anyone in the Galeton/Germania PA area that could be a point of contact?

Tnx
Dave
KB3MOW
Jan 23rd 2015, 12:43

WA9WVX

Hi Dave,

I found a few hams in the Galeton, PA but here's the guy I would recommend ADRIAAN A ARBEIDER, KB3GCQ of GALETON, PA. Adriaan has his EXTRA Class License so he would know what your friend needs to learn to become an Amateur Radio Operator and where the local EXAMS administrated. Perhaps Adriaan can point your friend towards a local Amateur Radio Club which normally has a wealth of knowledge for the Amateur Radio Community and your friend will be able to meet people who enjoy this hobby. I suggest that your friend to give Adriaan a call on the telephone before heading over to his home. If your friend cannot find Adriaan's telephone number, I'm supplying his address so your friend can stop by and inquire about ham radio. The address is 64 ALPINE LANE
GALETON, PA 16922.

Good Luck

Dan
WA9WVX
Jan 24th 2015, 12:32

K1DJE

Thanks, Dan! Very much appreciated!
Doc

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn