ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Repeater Link via ROIP over HSMM-Mesh

Feb 7th 2015, 20:24

WB0GXD

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I am curious if anyone has used ROIP (Radio over IP) over an HSMM-Mesh network to link in a remote receiver. I'm particularly interested in what hardware was used to interface the COR and analog audio to IP at the remote site, and then from IP back to analog audio and COR at the main site. Thanks.
Sep 14th 2015, 04:53

WB0EMJ

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I am presently setin up a voip link for four repeaters the recievers ar at a location on top of an elevator at 270 ft we are using uhf links to the transmitter site yhe link transmitters cause de sence on the 447 repeater and the 220 repeater by over loading the rf pre amps . I am going to replace the rf links with two barix voip encoders (in streamer) they are two channel audio units used by broad casters I have one unit in place for testing and it is working very well. I am using Ubiquity 5 gig wireless equipment for the ip link and an barix decoder at the transmitter site' A simple vox board detects the audio and keys the transmitter. I have never heard of a method of sending rf . over Ip. The delay is less than using the link transmitter and you never miss the first word. we are looking at using this system to link several repeaters via the internet as the barix units can be assigned public ip addresses

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn