ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Vacuum Tube Tranceiver Project

Feb 14th 2015, 16:06

KD3FJ

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I am currently designing a DSB-SC tranceiver using vacuum tubes and miscellaneous parts from my accumulated stockpile. I plan on using three 6U8's; two 6146's; two 807's and two 5Y3's plus one N-Channel J-FET. The design is very challenging.
Aug 16th 2015, 07:25

RWBurroughs

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
How is your progress on the project? I am somewhat new to HAM radio, well I have had an interest since I received my AAS in Electronic Engineering technology back in 1997, now I just got my Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and Communications Technology. Currently I seeking to get more involved with Amateur Radio, and take the exam to get my license. Though I have not yet done anything with vacuum tubes, I am interested to try some stuff. At this time, besides my ARRL handbook, I am seeking out old Radio electronics textbooks, so I could better familiarize myself with vacuum tubes. Anyway, I would be interested to know more about your project. Thanks, Richard Burroughs

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn