ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Mobile Amplifier

Feb 20th 2015, 19:43

bayern1943

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Does any one know how to connect a 2 meter amplifier to a dual band mobile radio. I have tried it using a duplexer and cannot get it to seperate the rf out from the 440 side.
Jerry
KB2WDM
Feb 21st 2015, 06:51

WA9WVX

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
The way I have read your post sounds like you are using separate antennas for 2 m and 70 cm and you only have a RF amplifier for 2 m. I don't believe you can accomplish what you want to do using a Diamond Duplexer unless it is only a 2 Port In / Out and 1 Port for the In / Out or Common. You haven't specified what type of transceiver & model number, whether it has 1 or 2 Antenna Ports and mind you the little so called Duplexers have insertion Losses to deal with and the coaxial feedline between the transceiver and the duplexer may be of an odd length also adding to your problem causing a high VSWR. How about more information as to the individual pieces of radio equipment and the physical length of your coax cable between the transceiver and the duplexer.

Dan
WA9WVX

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn