ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Do I have to post a Check Log?

Mar 8th 2015, 19:02

KM4FOS

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Contesting Gurus:

I had a blast answering CQ calls by contest stations (International DX Phone 2015) this weekend. I have no desire for awards or points, I was just excited to add countries and QSO's to my log.

I have uploaded all of the contacts to LOTW and hope that the contest stations will be confirming them

I want the contest stations to get credit for my contacts.

Is my upload to LOTW enough or do I have to create a check log and upload it?

Thanks in advance for any help or comments.

73, de John, KM4FOS
Mar 8th 2015, 21:55

N4AAB

I do believe there is an email address it needs to go to, in Cabrillo format. This info is in the contest rules.
Mar 9th 2015, 01:04

KM4FOS

N4AAB, Thanks for the information. If I do need to send a log, that is where I will send it. The other part of my question is: Do I need to send a log at all or will the LOTW upload be enough?
Mar 9th 2015, 04:37

N4AAB

I don't remember the rules mentioning LotW.

here are the rules:
http://www.arrl.org/arrl-dx

Jim
Mar 9th 2015, 13:02

KM4FOS

Thanks.

I went ahead and uploaded a check log. Good practice if I ever want to compete.
Jun 10th 2015, 06:40

N8WNG

I have a similar question and have asked it before. I am not confident that I was given the correct answer in the past. My question is this:
If I have a QSO with a station that is participating in a contest but I don't submit a log for that contest aren't I hurting that station's result in the contest? When his submitted log is checked and there is no confirmation of my QSO (because I didn't submit a log) isn't he, at least in some cases, penalized for submitting an unconfirmed QSO? I would like to use the contest to make some contacts, but not if I'm causing those stations to lose points in the contest. Am I misunderstanding the way contests are scored?
Thanks for any insight here.
N8WNG
Jun 14th 2015, 00:55

AI4BJ

I left a more detailed reply under a different thread, but the short answer is no, you do not need to submit any kind of log for the stations that you work to receive credit for your contest QSOs.

LOTW is not used for any contests, by the way, though you may still wish to submit your contest QSLs there if you wish to receive DXCC credit for them.

Mark AI4BJ

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn