ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

ARRL TravelPlus for Repeater Software

Aug 14th 2011, 18:12

K5WUL

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Purchased ARRL TravelPlus for Repeaters & Kenwood's MCP-2A TMD-710A Software. Installed all software on Dell LapTop 1525 - Vista OS. Problem - Made a TravelPlus -Repeater List for my area - Selected 'Export Repeater Data' & 'Radio Programming' format, Created a folder for the data. Named file xxxx.tpe & saved it. At this point - I checked that folder & NO FILES were created. Why isn't the TravelPlus program generating the tpe files? What am I missing? I followed all of the steps but ????? Please let me know what steps I can take specifically that will generate the files for importing to the MCP-2A use?

I tried the above procedures several times & same result - no tpe or csv files created. The folder is always empty even tho it appeared to function - no error codes....... it even states - do I want to erase the existing file - so somehow it thinks a tpe file is there - but there isn't????? Weird.....
Thank you - Larry
Aug 16th 2011, 19:40

KB0HAE

Hi Larry. It sounds like the files are created and saved, but not to the folder you created. Check the My Documents folder. Maybe try again, and make sure thay you select the folder you created? Or search for files with a .tpe extension. Just my thoughts...
Aug 17th 2011, 14:18

W1VT

Super Moderator

The problem was on his Vista pc with User Account Control (UAC). He was trying to save the tpe file into Program Files and UAC was not allowing this but did not notify that this was the case.
Aug 17th 2011, 22:48

K5WUL

Thanks W1VT for the post. One of those sneaky 'gotchas'. Many thanks to ARRL for great technical landline support this week!!!!
Jul 6th 2012, 00:35

0008064993H80

My version of Travelplus (11) seems to not allow tpe files or programming exports. Is there any downloadable upgrades?
PSE reply via wa8whp@juno.com.
TNX
DE WA8WHP
Frank

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn