ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Travel Plus: Run Time Error 3204

Apr 29th 2015, 15:50

N1UW

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Travel Plus v17.0 has always worked on this laptop running Win 7, 32-bit. Today when I create a route and click on Make List I get "Run time error '3204': Database already exists. Inside my Travel Plus Program Data folder I see several files with ~ as the first character: ~result.mdb, ~hit.csv, ~route.txt, ~select.txt. I am guessing maybe these are temp files that are messing things up, but I don't want to delete them and make things worse.

Help please...leaving for home Friday and need to program the radio tomorrow at the latest.
Apr 29th 2015, 17:37

W1VT

Super Moderator

I have one email from a TravelPlus user that suggests pulling the UAC slider all the way down eliminated this run time error.

Zack W1VT
Sep 30th 2015, 03:25

N5MJ

Had this 3204 error too, with Travel Plus 18.

It's not a UAC issue, it's Travel Plus not wanting to play under anything less than full admin rights. Windows 10 is especially granular with it's folder permissions, so it breaks old programs like Travel Plus.

Easy fix:
If the user will (under Windows 7, 8, 10) right click the Travel Plus icon, and click "Run as Administrator", Travel Plus doesn't throw the 3204 error.

That's assuming the user is logged on as part of the administrator group, not a good idea these days. Travel Plus is a dinosaur of a program that really needs its UI rewritten to behave more like it's 21st century peers, IMHO.

Mike Mello, N5MJ

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn