ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

HTX100 txcvr / ES2500 booster pac

Jun 14th 2015, 16:18

KD4RDS

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I'm trying to figure out if there is some way I can put together a "portable" off the grid, so to speak, combination. I have an old HTX100 10m mobile radio and an ES2500 "booster" battery pac that I'm trying to figure out if it will work. The booster battery pac has provisions for plugging a cigarette lighter plug into it on the front for use as a power source other than it's use to "boost" vehicles. It's my intent to couple this with a LNR end fed 10m antenna. I'm thinking it might just work, but having never done anything like this, I'm not as sure as I would "like" to be. So I thought I'd ask somebody, you guys, who are a while lot smarter than me. ??

I'm trying to do this on a budget. I realize ham radio and a "budget" are frequently not to be used in the same sentence. My "wish" would be a Yaesu FT817, etc., but that's just not in the cards right now so I'm trying to put something together to play with out in the backyard, up in the mountains, and down at the coast. I just think it would be super.
Jun 15th 2015, 09:38

KD4RDS

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
From what my limited ability allows, I don't see any reason this won't work. I'm going to give it a try barring something to indicate I shouldn't.

I'm sure "someone" has tried this, or similar, before. Let me hear your experience with it??

Thanks!

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn