ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Forum avatars?

Aug 17th 2011, 16:45

aa6e

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
This is not the most pressing problem, but why is it that only N0NB on these forums seems to have a photo displayed? I have my photo, such as it is, set up in my member profile, but it doesn't show on my posts.

Do I have too much time on my hands?
Aug 17th 2011, 17:06

W0BTU

I tried several photos. I finally just gave up.
Aug 17th 2011, 17:27

G0KZZ

It might be that the word 'avatar' is being used to mean profile photo...

I notice that when I "Updated My Avatar", nothing showed up in my profile either. After returning to "Update My Avatar" I noticed an option to "Edit existing image", which in turn allowed me to "Make this your avatar". After choosing OK my rough test image appeared in my profile, but I'm not sure if it will appear here (until I submit this post!)

I still wonder if maybe the avatar facility is not actually active on here, or it could be that it does not exist at all, since this appears to be a bespoke forum script by Fathom Interactive, so maybe it was omitted to save bandwidth etc.

Who knows...

p.s. Just had a look after posting and lo! No avatar, so it looks as though it must be refering to your profile image rather than an image on this forum. Bad choice of wording?
Aug 18th 2011, 18:42

N0NB

I think I put the pic up as my membership profile picture. It is also on the Gravatar site so it could be coming from either place.

73, de Nate >>

P.S. I don't think there is anything notable about me in Newington! ;-)

http://www.n0nb.us
Aug 21st 2011, 09:58

G0KZZ

I think you're right about the Gravatar site Nate.

If you check the image info for your avatar on here it gives the following source location:

So clearly this site (the ARRL forum) is using files from gravitar.com

Odd...

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn