ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Kenwood TH D72-A

Aug 18th 2011, 17:50

orlando

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I'm trying to read this manual and good luck. All I want to know is how to go into scanning mode so I can monitor the frequencies. I do not have a license as of yet so I can not transmit. I just want to listen. Why must it be so difficult, I'm asking
Aug 19th 2011, 12:40

WB1GCM

Super Moderator

Orlando,

I read the manual on line and you are correct, how to get into the scan mode is not mentioned. However, most HTs go into the scan mode by press and holding either the up arrow or down arrow button. On the Kenwood, the controls are on the big circular button on the front. You may want to change the menu settings (150-152) to change the scanning functions.

Just about all hams today share your frustration, Orlando. Many radios are very complicated today, but what the radios are capable of is amazing. It does take a long time to understand the various features and functions. I bought a complicated HT and I will tell you, I still don't know all of its features after one year. I have to always get out the manual and read it. Good Luck

WB1GCM
Aug 19th 2011, 13:37

W1VT

Super Moderator

Hi Orlando,

I'd suggest joining the Yahoo group for your radio--it has 860 members.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Kenwood_TH-D72/

When your apply for membership you might mention that you posted this question on the ARRL Forum, so they know you aren't a spammer.

Zack Lau
ARRL Senior Lab Engineer

Aug 21st 2011, 06:09

KE8DO

To enter scan mode push and hold the MR key for 1 second. I just got my TH-D72A yesterday.
73 Don KE8DO
Aug 21st 2011, 20:54

AC5JW

Hi Orlando,

Have you checked out the product review of the Kenwood TH D72-A in the July 2011 QST ? It is on page 46. It may give you more insight and maybe the solution to your scanning issue. That product review is authored by Howard Robins, W1HSR

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn