ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Wrong driver selection

Oct 8th 2015, 13:34

n1gke

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Greetings fellow Amateurs.
I am using Windows 10. In Zadig I first selected the wrong driver for the HamItUp usb dongle. I lost the wireless mouse. Restarting Zadig I managed to load yet another wrong driver and lost function of the keyboard, which was a usb keyboard. I then replaced the keyboard with a ps 2 style keyboard. This computer is password protected as it is my main work/research computer. When turning the computer on it now comes up to the main screen where upon I need press any key, enter the password and go to work. I can not boot from the cd although it is set to do so. I'm a bit perplexed as to what I need to do to get back into my computer. Normally I would not ask for help as more often than not I'm the go to guy for certain issues. Please, don't waste your time or mine complaining about the OS. Every OS is like every computer, they all respond differently. My computer is an AMD motherboard with and eight core cpu, 24 gigs of memory and a 1.5 T hard drive. I have several SDR's and was trying to get the HF portion of HamItUp working when I created this problem. Thank you in advance for your time.
de N1GKE / WA1USN, Hope, RI.
Oct 8th 2015, 16:09

W1VT

Super Moderator

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/restore-system-files-and-settings
The system restore function may be able to fix your computer.

Zack Lau W1VT
ARRL Senior Lab Engineer

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn