ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

AA4PB Audio Interface: Any advice?

Nov 7th 2015, 19:31

NV2K

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Last night I acquired a box of parts for an AA4PB Prodata interface card for Icom rigs, including the PCB and enclosure. Before I start soldering, a couple of questions for anybody with experience with this interface:

--Any mods, tips, gotchas I should know about (beside what's covered in Bob AA4PB's excellent QST article?

--How do I make connections to those posts on the 13 pin DIN connector for the Icom ACC port without solder cups? What has worked for any of you who have actually made those connections?

TU and hope to see you on digital and SSTV in the near future.
Feb 27th 2017, 22:53

N2MHS

how you making out with YOUR prodata. I just got one too and am debugging the transmit. Receive working great with JT65. For patchcords I used a few RS male male patch cords to the PC. Cut in half, and splice with heatshrink. My rif is an FT-900 and use the CAT interface which isnt in this board. RSVP ucfargis1@yahoo.com as I see this site once a quarter
Aug 8th 2017, 15:03

N2MHS

I have mine just about perfect. I deleted the PTT connections from the RCA jack. I get power to it from the read RCA jack. I made a new audio cable from the din jack on the PRODATA to the DATA in/out on the back of the Yaesu. The CAT interface was greatly simplified by using an isolated telescoped ground between the PC and the CAT jack. This circuit that isolates both is an eval board from a CA company that makes a turnkey solution. I think I paid about 60 for it and then a case and jacks for power and CAT. DB9 built in.
Dec 19th 2017, 16:35

NV2K

Here's an update: The connection labelled "Line In" is actually the line out, and vice-versa. I do not know what the impact will be of having swapped the primaries and secondaries of the transformers because of this, but suspect it will be small if not non-existent because they are 1:1 and are used for isolation only.

I would like to get the PTT from the right audio channel, as very few computers these days are equipped with a TIA-232 serial interface.
Mar 6th 2019, 10:33

N2MHS

Where is the article buried now? I searched QST logged in foraa4pb call sign . Nothing found. Ehh. I found it when I rebuilt one.
Mar 6th 2019, 10:47

W1VT

Super Moderator

http://www.arrl.org/arrl-periodicals-archive-search

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn