ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

QST section on portable W1AW?

Nov 12th 2015, 18:06

gm4jjj

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Yesterday I was looking at the QST app in iOS and in the December 2015 edition (I think) there was a section with photos and details about all of the W1AW portable operations. I noticed the pages were numbered PO 1 etc. Now I cannot find that section again and am beginning to think I imagined it all, hi. Has anyone else seen this section? Help please! Many thanks.
Nov 12th 2015, 19:36

W1VT

Super Moderator

Apr 2015 - QST (Pg. 72)
W1AW/p -- The Year in Review
(Feature)
Nov 12th 2015, 19:44

gm4jjj

Thanks, but that wasn't it. It's most odd, it was like a complete other pull out section many pages numbered PO 1 PO 2 and so on mainly all photos of the stations. I can see it in minds eye, but can not find where it was. I am not sure if it was appeared as a separate edition or if it was within the QST edition itself. At the time I was looking for something else and closed it meaning to return later and now it has gone. The only thing I am certain of is the page numbering and that it was viewed with the iOS App. It's not really important, just one of life's puzzles.
Surely someone must have seen this?
Nov 12th 2015, 20:57

gm4jjj

Found it! It is in the November 2015 QST iOS Edition. The section does not show up in the "Contents" but if you view by "Pages" then at the end of the magazine there is a whole extra section "The W1AW Portable Operations" words and pictures from the operators. I was starting to doubt my own mind, hi. Anyway it is nicely done and I will now settle down for a good read on this dark and stormy night in Scotland. 73 de David GM4JJJ

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn